Community groups and schools
If you are part of a school, community group, faith group or social group, why not get your school or group involved in supporting Womankind? There are many ways in which you can help us:
Set up your own supporter group
Jo Adams set up a Womankind supporter group in Dorset. They organise small fundraising events like concerts, bring and buy sales, volunteer sessions at a garden centre and raffles.
“I feel that despite living in the UK, we can contribute to the courageous struggles of women in much more challenging circumstances.”
Request a speaker to attend your event
Womankind’s speakers can attend your event to tell you more about the women we work with around the world and the ways in which they are standing up for their rights. Find out more on our ‘Request a speaker’ page
Organise a fundraising event
The Year Nine girls at a Ricards Lodge School in Wimbledon organised a beauty parlour and charged fellow students for services such as henna painting and manicures and also held a sponsored rounders match between staff and students raising £640.
- Organise a fundraising event
- Request a volunteer speaker to attend your event
- Tell us about your event, contact Tom at email@example.com or on 020 7549 0360
- Order leaflets, newsletters and posters to tell people about Womankind’s work
How your support helps
- Raise £250 and pay for 70 indigenous Bolivian women to attend courses on their rights and how to challenge violence in their community.
- Raise £500 and enable a survivor of violence to stay in the only safe house in Ethiopia for two months, providing them with intensive support, counseling and training as they seek to regain control over their lives.