Get a London Marathon place
Run the London Marathon for Womankind and raise money which will change the lives of women and girls across the world.
You’ll be part of a team which will be supported every step of the way to reach your targets for running and fundraising.
With the Womankind Team:
• You’ll know how to succeed with marathon training and nutrition secrets from our running expert
• You’ll stay motivated with our regular training and fundraising tips
• You’ll reach your fundraising target with advice and support from Womankind’s fundraising team
• You’ll have the opportunity to share your story – you can write blogs, or make a video diary which we’ll share with others through our website
• You’ll look the part with a Womankind Worldwide running vest
• You’ll be well looked after on the day by our staff cheering you on and providing a post-race reception.
How do I get a place on the London Marathon 2014?
There are two ways to become a part of the Womankind Worldwide 2014 London Marathon team.
1) Apply for a Womankind Worldwide charity place
With one of our charity places you’ll have a guaranteed place at the 2014 London Marathon.
We ask that you pay a registration fee of £100 (refunded if you raise over £3000) and that you raise a minimum of £2500. As part of the Womankind team you’ll have access to all of the benefits above and we’ll support you with both your fundraising and running.
To apply for a charity place please fill in this application form.
We’ll then get in touch as soon as we can to let you know if you have secured a place.
2) Use your own place
If you have secured a place on the London Marathon 2014 through the public ballot then you can still raise money to change the lives of women and girls across the world. You’ll also receive all the support and benefits of being part of the Womankind Team.
Sign up now, email Tom Travell, email@example.com or call 0207 549 0361.
Make a difference
After coming to the Womankind offices to volunteer, Rosie was inspired to take up one of our places in the London Marathon 2012. This was despite the fact that she had never gone for a run before and only had 10 weeks left to train!
“The training was gruelling but massively rewarding. At times I really wanted to give up, but every time I went back to the office, or looked at the posters and pictures on my wall, I felt inspired to keep going.”
On Sunday 22nd April 2012 Rosie crossed the finish line after 5 hours, 28 minutes and 55 seconds. This smashed all of her personal targets, but best of all she had raised over £2000 to help Womankind’s work in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
How your sponsorship could help:
- £27 can pay for a Mobile Legal Advice Clinic (a lawyer and paralegals) to drive to a rural village in Zimbabwe for a day and give up to 30 women legal advice about escaping violence.
- £575 can pay for 350 indigenous women in Bolivia to develop skills to become community leaders and challenge discrimination.
- £2000 would pay for legal advice and support for 40 Afghan women who have experienced violence
Find out more about the countries we work in and the change you can make by raising money for Womankind.
If you have any questions please contact Tom Travell by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 020 7549 0360.