Womankind Worldwide is a women’s rights and international development organisation making an impact through the power of partnership. Since we were founded just over 25 years ago Womankind has helped 18 million women and their families.
Our vision is a fair world where being a woman does not limit choices, opportunities or rights.
We work to end violence against women and girls and make sure that women have an equal say in the decisions which affect their lives.
We do development differently. Our small team is based in the UK and we work in partnership with women’s rights organisations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Currently we work with 28 partners in 13 countries.
Together with our partners we're tackling the root causes of gender inequality in their countries, and challenging governments and international agencies to protect and promote women’s rights through our policy and campaigns work.
Find out more about what we do and our:
We are proud to count Kate Adie, Baroness Helena Kennedy, Kate Young, and Baroness Glenys Kinnock among our Patrons.
Why we are needed
In no country in the world do women enjoy the same rights or opportunities as men. Every day women and girls face discrimination, poverty and violence just because they are female.
- At least 1 in 3 women will experience violence, with intimate partner violence being the most common.
- Globally, women make up just 22% of parliamentarians.
- Worldwide, fewer than 20% of landholders are women.
Gender inequality is a global problem, but it can be solved. We are part of a powerful, worldwide movement for change. Will you join us?
- People and partnerships - we work alongside others to achieve our vision
- Diversity and difference - we respect the right to hold and express different views and believe everyone has a contribution to make
- Transparency and accountability - we challenge assumptions, speak out about injustice and inequality and value being challenged ourselves
- Learning and results - we value listening, evidence, and making space for innovation and achieving results.
As a women’s rights organisation we are committed to equality and diversity, and actively oppose discrimination. We are non-religious and non-political, and are not affiliated with any religious or political organisations.
UK Registered Charity No. 328206
Company Limited By Guarantee Reg. No. 2404121
Get our monthly email newsletter to stay up to date with our work.