Organise an event
Whether you’re holding a bake-off or a bring-and-buy sale, a panel discussion or a picnic, we’ve got everything you need to have fun and raise funds for women’s rights.
- Decide what kind of event you’ll have. Take a look at our list of fundraising ideas.
- Get in touch to tell us your plans and request leaflets, posters, balloons or other materials. Use the form below or call us on 020 3567 5930 and ask for Sofie.
- Set up an online fundraising page with JustGiving.com. It’s an easy way for people to support you and helps you keep track of donations.
- Spread the word! Post details about your event on your Facebook page, share it on Twitter, tell your friends, family, neighbours and colleagues.
- Download our Media guide 2015 (PDF) for tips on getting the local press to cover your event.
Take inspiration from other enterprising supporters:
Naomi di Fabio organised an all-day fitness event and raised an incredible £1606.73. Naomi said: “I’m fundraising for Womankind because I believe empowerment for women is critical to the success, growth and development of society.”
Our loyal West Dorset Womankind Supporters Group hold regular sales of second-hand jewellery and have raised an amazing £5,000 in four years.
Organise your own event